- Family Council welcomes families and friends of FOCUS at Otsego residents
- Family Councils are independent and are not run by the facility. Federal law mandates that nursing homes provide support and meeting space for Family Councils.
- Families of nursing home residents often find the placement of a relative in a nursing home to be very difficult. Even after a relative has moved into a home, concerns may continue and new ones occasionally arise. Family Council provides a forum for families and friends to share their experiences, provide information and offer support. Discussions may include matters such as staffing, food service, medical service, need for information and plans for the future.
Family Council Meetings:
- are usually the second Tuesday of each month at 1:30pm in the Family Dining Room off the lobby
- last 1 to 1.5 hours
- are chaired by one of the family council members
- follow an organized agenda
- provide the most recent minutes via email or at the Reception Desk in the lobby
Find general information about Family Councils at www.theconsumervoice.org
If you would like to have a member of the Family Council contact you, let your FOCUS Admissions Coordinator know or email us at email@example.com